Friday, October 27, 2006

Temptation...

...comes to us all.

...

But friendly advice is always available.

...

I'm going to Florence tomorrow, I am! Woop!

Haven't managed to learn any Italian, which I'm a little disappointed in, but there's the flight and the bus and I've got 'teach yourself Italian by listening' or some other malarkey on my phone, so I can listen to that while I travel. I was told how to say 'where's the toilet?' last night, but there was booze and I have forgotten.

...

Today's pretty pictures. (Still playing with negative 'effect')








Miss Patsy (elle est ma chat - just to prove I'm not your typical 'shout louder and they'll understand' Brit)











This lady lives round the corner from Scary Chap. Scary Chap, I regret to announce, has been painted over. So, aren't y'all lucky that I took his photograph earlier?

Again, Madam here take with negative effect on the camera. Turned out well, dinnit? 'Specially when I tell you it was all dark when I took photo.




...

Evil booze. I am ever-so-slightly rough today. How, we do not know as I was drinking 'girly-girly' booze. Hardly seems fair, does it?

And the girly-girly bit is Patrick's appelation. Myself, I object to the second 'girly'. You'd think one would do! I would also like to object to the fact that by the time the evening was through I'd given in and stopped arguing, referring to my own drink as 'girly-girly'. This is wrong. It was a very manly...fruit beer.

...

My grand words of wisdom seem to be failing me at the moment. Must be contentment. Brain quite happy to sit back and be pleased with itself, let the id drive for a while. So, I thought I'd stand on the shoulders of giants today (all taken from quotegarden.com):

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance. ~Author Unknown

A daydream is a meal at which images are eaten. Some of us are gourmets, some gourmands, and a good many take their images precooked out of a can and swallow them down whole, absent-mindedly and with little relish. ~W.H. Auden

...

Have a good one,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home