Monday, October 09, 2006

I'm not clever

That's not something you thought you'd hear me say, is it? It's not applicable to everything, of course.

The Mueck exhibit was brilliant. The detail on each sculpture was astonishing - right down to the balls of their feet and the little scrunches of skin on their elbows. Dad thoroughly enjoyed it, which was the main thing - even if I thought it sucked beyond the telling of it, as it was his birthday 'thing'. Happily, this was not the case. I was quite stunned by how good the work was.

I went round, as I like to do at art shows, and looked at everything before reading the little plaques on the wall - the ones that tell you the details of the piece, its name, what it is, what it is about, etc. Sometimes I agree with the blurb, sometimes not. For every single one of these, I got exactly what it described from each piece. That doesn't make me clever, though - it makes Mueck clever as he managed to convey exactly what he intended to. God, I'd love to be able to say that about my work!

...

Very busy day head. Very busy week ahead, actually. I'll have to figure out what the HELL it is I've got to do, for a start - my desk is in a frightening disarray and deadlines are looming. Calming breaths and a 'to do' list. That's what we need.

...

My kind of superhero

...

Have a good one,

C

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Falls off chair in shock

10:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris!

Am pleased to hear you have nu job.

You got out before I did, ya canny bastard!! HEEEELLLLPPP III'MMM STIIILLLLL HEEEERRRREEEE.

I HAVE got a new job but can't leave yet as is only p/t and not enuf to live on. So am looking for p/t fundraising job to go w'it.
Will keep you posted, my frend.
XX Fi at PG

1:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home