Thursday, February 22, 2007

Money, money, money

I have some! I *actually* have some! And we're not talking the five and ten pences I've been scraping together to buy my morning tracker bar. Oh, no. We are talking actual hundreds of pounds.

My deposit cheque cleared!

*dances*
*glee*
*dances WITH glee*

...

Hooker is a funny word. It just is.

...

Had my first rehearsal last night, which was fun. It seems my New York accent does not suck as badly as I thought it would. In truth, it is 'not' bad. Which isn't necessarily 'good', but it is definitely 'not' bad. I'm just a little worried about it bouncing around too many districts of NY. I have hope, though - and an accent coach. :)

...




...

I know everything, you know. No. Really. I do. Or one would bloody well expect so given the approaches I get from students and other members of staff. To paraphrase:


"Has this come in?"


"Well, That's not something that would pass through me, but if we do have it, it would come into them and be put there. "


"OK, so has it come in?"


"Oh, I'm sorry - I didn't have my telepathy turned on. My bad. Or, you know, you could GO AND LOOK WHERE I SAID IT WOULD BE!"


To paraphrase again:


"Hi, I'm looking for funding for an MPhil in Underwater Basket Weaving in Georgia State University. How do I fund that?"


"Well, here is all our information on sourcing funding. These books, that folder, this handy guide and that on-line searchable website..."


"So, this has information on the MPhil in UBW at Georgia, then?"


See, this is because I Know Everything. I will automatically be able to tell them exactly where ANY given piece of paper is and also ANY detail at all on ANY further study / company / interview process In the World! This is because I have the word ' information' in my job title. Reminds me of that section in Airplane where the information desk guy had a whole line of people asking him more and more absurd questions - none of them with any connection to flight times or such.


We'll just call it 'flattering' and save me a developed ulcer, eh? And they are grateful when I find it for them. Bless. Little Student People who can't Look In a Fecking Folder!


...


Stick in,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home