Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Karma, ba-by!

Awwww, yeah. I knew the universe would not let me down.

I owed some rent on my last flat - £100 - which I'd missed from August of last year or something. What can I say - I was skint that month. I rather expected them to take it off my deposit but it seems that they didn't check their records properly before issuing the cheque.

Evil - 0. Good - 1.

Of course, I'm tempting Fate by mentioning this before the cheque cleared but Karma will protect me, I'm sure!

...

I was having a wander through the Guardian's job pages today. Found one which I might not kill for, but I'd go as far as maiming. I don't think I'd go as far as London, though, which is where it is. Fair enough, it's a nice big salary but, when you take into account London rents and all that, it's not that impressive.

So, yes, I took it seriously enough to check that kind of thing, but it would be an amazing job. Still an idle thought, though. I don't see myself being able to walk to work in five minutes from my own own bedroom flat in London, somehow. And where would I put all the lovely furniture I just bought? And, let's face it. It's London. Eesh.

Bloody good job, though.

...

Stick in,

C

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whats wrong with london . it would be the making of you - plus you get to talk bollocks to all your edinburgh friends when you come back for a visit

10:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home