Monday, February 19, 2007

Flat Status: Warm

And filled with booze, I have to say. Wheat beer and wine in the fridge, more wine in cupboard - along with vodka and JD and rum. Made nice soup with the leftover buffet, too.

Party was great and, judging by the level of 'lovely to meet you' which bounced around at all points, the circles of friends merged well. :) Small Jen would like her props for being the last woman standing. 4am my lastest guests left which fills another 'success' column. I even remembered to put some Anadin Extra and a glass of water by my bed for the inevitable headache the next day.

I was going to set up the camera to take a photo a minute for the length of party but didn't get round to it. I'm sure some will be pleased at that. *laughter* I did blind a few people with the flash off a disposable black and white but I'll need to wait until I've finished the film to see if they came out.

Imagine - film! And processing!
...

NewCouch has been delivered - woop! I'm going to put the feet on it when I go home for lunch. Patrick is coming round to help me put the mirror up on the wall and that'll be everything. It's all going to look so pretty!

And the second I see a cat-scratch on the new leather couch, I'm putting her out the door!

...

Had my appraisal this morning. Part of the annual drive so not my probationary one. I've got another three months until that period is up. Appraisal went well, though. Had a chance to chat about a couple of things that are bugging me and make plans for future training. I've also been given the go-ahead for a couple of projects I'm keen to do. New signage and display material and some research aids. So I get to do some design work, and some writing - even a bit of theory research.

A reasonable level of 'interesting' from the boss on the Children's Panel, too, which I'm still keen on applying to. Recruitment doesn't start for that until September, though, so plenty of time for the proposal to be bounced up and down the command chain. Might be quite the balancing act, though, if I want to keep the acting up after this play. And the photography. And the writing. And the social life. Especially the social life.

Quite the busy little boy, aren't I?

...

Stick in,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home