Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Tomorrow, tomorrow!

I will love tomorrow!

I was thinking it's not all that surprising I've moved so much - an average of once a year for the last twelve, I figured out. That does inlude moving back to Maw and Paw's in between flats, though. If you take them out it's only once every fifteen months. Anyway, it's hardly a surprise because I actually enjoy it.

I've always been surprised by those folk who complain that their parents have changed their old bedroom's purpose - built a home gym or a study or whatever. I understand the feeling - where they grew up, all those memories, etc, but even before I spread wings and flew the parental nest, I'd moved seven times with them. Itchy feet in my family, d'you reckon? Mum and Dad have been in the same place for about ten years now, but they've gotten round that by being in one constant round of home improvement and redecoration. Oh - and when I moved out, my folks knocked the wall through so there wasn't even a room where I had my room, never mind the same set up.

So, the actual carrying of boxes and such isn't particularly fun, I'll admit - and thank God for all the lovely friends who have helped in the past and will help in the future - but the new flat, new area, new local shops, all of the little and big things about shifting I just love. Hell, even when I settle somewhere for a bit I rearrange my furniture every six months. Anyway, all this babble adds up to - moving TOMORROW! *glee upon glee upon GLEE*

...


This isn't as good as it would have been had I had my camera with me when the moon was rising last Wed - it was Absolutely Massive. Still and all, I'm pleased with the detail on this one. You might not see it in the blog format, but trust me - it looks good.

Light in one hand, Shadow in the other.

...

Speaking of light, it's absolutely cracking in Edinburgh just now. The bright days are incredibly bright. It's like the sun's trying to make up for those grey days when they're overcast. I have resolved to drag my lazy ass out of bed early on Saturday in order to be on top of Salisbury Crags for the sun coming up. I walk up past the Crags at the moment and I can only describe it as a golden aura around it, wanky as that sounds.

I will dutifully accept all mockery for the non-appearance of same photos, evidence of my lazy ass staying in bed. Still, it'll be only the second night sleeping in my new King Size bed, so that's almost fair enough, eh?

Yes, I'm excited about my new bed. Sue me. Actually, it'll need christening, eh? Wonder if I can beat my record...

*smirk*

...

I'm updating the Arts folders at work just now, which is my special treat for having completed the Medicine ones - all twelve of them! The annoying thing about the med ones was that they'd only been done last year, but with all the changes to med education in the UK they needed doing again. Still, good job done and I'm spending today browsing through these sorts of websites as my reward. Tempted to subscribe to the British Journal of Photography. £85 and it's once a week, with a free book on the industry.

...

I can't decide if Flickr is inspiring or demoralising.

...

Have a good one,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home