Monday, February 05, 2007

Par-tay, baby!

Well, it has happened. Steve, the first of the Inner Circle to catch me up has done so! He had his thirtieth birthingday yesterday. Party was Saturday and a good time was had by all...



We kicked off in the Jazz Bar at Chamber's Street, which was very good. Two live bands and if you get there before 11.30 it's free to get in. First band started at 9pm, a three piece instrumental group fae Glesga. Second kicked off at 1am, three piece instrumental with a singer. After that we wheeled back to Mr Edgar's hoose for a few more libations and additional merriment. Oh, and the guy winking in the middle of the top photo. That's Smarty. Who chose to point out some typo type errors in the blog of late. So now I'm proofreading. Damn him.

Got home at 6am, so the packing was postponed until evening time. Still got to defrost the freezer.

...


I did manage out for what is fast becoming my 'usual' wander with the camera on Saturday, though.


...

It is three days until I move! Woop! Woohoo! And other sounds of general merriment. I have ordered my couch and everything! You know what I love about that couch? It's manly. That there is one masculine bit of furniture, I tells ya.

Which will be a nice balance for my throw pillows and such. *laughter* Oh - and the bedroom is easy large enough for the King-Size bed. *grins*

Will have to work on my puppy dog eyes - see if I can convince a willing helper or two to hang around and help me put it together after they help me move. (Not that I'm hinting, or anything.) And all this glee isn't really taking into account how hideously broke I am at the moment. It's the pay-deposit-on-new-flat before getting-deposit-from-old-flat thing. Eesh.

...

Have a good one,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home