Thursday, January 25, 2007

Two weeks today!


The big move. Although I don't know if 'big' is really an adjective one can apply to me moving. It happens so often.

The move being a Thursday, most all of my indentured slaves - I mean friends - will be at their designated place of work so I must be especially thankful to Hamish and Steve who are kindly taking time out of their home-work schedules to help me move boxes.

And thank God for the move. I did get to go to sleep in my bed last night, rather than the couch, but upstairs thought that 2am was a fine time to stick some thumping rock on. I replied with ceiling thumping and, thankfully, they quietened down. That makes the tenth night in a row where my sleep has been broken and it's starting to tell. I am tired.

I am quite vehement with the thumping at this point. It's not one or two knocks, but a continual barrage until they shut the f*ck up. And I know all the best points on the ceiling to get the best hollow booming sounds.

...

Dictionary.com Word of the Day - pettifogger: a petty, unscrupulous lawyer; also, one who quibbles over trivia.

WHAT a brilliant word! Not only is it Victorian sounding, but its very obscurity is a balance and hypocritical contradiction of its use in conversation. I would suggest that only a pettifogger would actually use the word itself, you see.

Genius.

...



...

Cool stuff from Australia. Paleontological cool stuff, that is.

...

Have a good one,

C

1 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

bleurgh, getting woken by thumping music in the small hours brings back bad memories. If it's any consolation at least your lot shut up when you bang on the ceiling, my lot were just abusive when asked at 3am to turn it down. Even after six months of me regularly getting no sleep at weekends and their umpteenth visit from the police (who ultimately never managed to get them to stop) they just vandalised my house! The whole sorry mess was a significant factor in my descision to sell up and move.

Oh and if you want an extra pair of hands on Thursday I'm happy to help unless I've an interview

1:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home