Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I do wonder...

...at people who clearly hate their job. There are some insanely grumpy people in one of the cafes up at King's Buildings - one would think it was a vast imposition for them to serve a person their food. Seriously, people - get a job you like.

...

And on topic of jobs and liking - I still love mine. And I can clearly see a progression to the much vaunted careers adviser post. One of the advisers fell ill of a sudden yesterday, wee shame, so there was no drop-in clinic for the late opening last night. I was covering the info desk so I go to do a few rounds of CV feedback which I really, really, really enjoyed.

I'm liking the info stuff and it is really the biggest gap in my progress towards adviser - knowing the markets and the 'guidance industry' as it were. The counselling skills I already have - bugger false modesty. And I am bang up alongside this.

It's a constant surprise to most people who come along for guidance, and for a great many people who fancy themselves as counsellors or analysts that advice is the one thing that you Do Not Do.

...

Up and up and up - on the audience of my mithering. Traffic report says an average of 21 of you per day. Which I find exciting, and flattering, no matter what some others might say.

Once again - thanks for stopping by.

...

I am so incredibly keen on the moving flat. The couch is starting to get seriously uncomfortable. I get a couple of hours kip there, wake up around 2 am and plod through to my room. There's no guarantee the noise will have stopped by then, unfortunately. Last night was cinema night upstairs - Return of the Jedi. They did shut up when I hammered on the wall and roared, "Can we have less of the f*cking Ewoks, please?!" (From the murmurs I heard I reckon they were a tad surprised at my easy identification of the small furry ones.)

On the flip side of the continued noise, it is an ongoing 'Yes, I am absolutely right to be moving'.

...

I've always wanted to have Spiderman in my pants.

...

Blogger doing its anti-photo thing, so none for today!

...

Have a good one,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home