Tuesday, January 16, 2007

It's official

I am moving. Again!

The neighbours were, once again, noisy last night - had to go sleep on the couch which is not long enough even for my short-arsed self. Woke up at 4am, figured they'd have shut up and gone to bed by then so I toddled through to my bed. But no, they were still up, still talking, still watching television. If I hadn't already made an appointment to view a flat today, it would have been a truly atrocious night of frustration.

The next problem is fighting with the Letting Service to get away with only 3 and a bit weeks notice instead of the full month. I've called Citizen's Advice, who must be insane as they seem to think a letting agent will be reasonable about a tenant's request. HA!

Oh - and cross your fingers that the flat I'm going to see is any good.

...

I shouldn't really be blogging at the moment, but it was such an interrupted night of sleep and I'm just covering info desk for fifteen minutes. Hard to conjure a decent bit of work in that length of time even when I'm feeling un-clogged of head.

...

If you should happen to read this in the morning, then good points in the day to be sending the positive thoughts my way would be:

12.15pm - speaking to Letting Service (receptionist who looks at you like you're scum, with a face like she's chewing on at half brick). ***update**** - spoke to Landlord and all OK - got exit date for 9th February.

3.30pm - viewing the hopeful new flat. ***update*** - been to see flat, it is good and is now mine! (y'all people's positive thoughts must be Rock Hard, btw).
...


Spot the seagull.

...

Have a good one,

C

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, poor thing. Hope the flat viewing goes ok.

Nice picture btw, almost worthy of a prize is that.

11:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I've been there, and I feel your pain. There is no single more upsetting thing I've encountered in my 20 years of home-life as a renter than other people's noise.

Good luck with the viewing.

1:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home