Friday, January 19, 2007

Smartly Dressed

OK, so last night Channel 4's Chief Executive came on the telly to comment on the whole Big Brother 'are they being racist?' thing. I don't watch that twaddle so can't comment, but what I would like to comment on is the Chief Exec's chosen mode of dress for making comment on national television.

A polo shirt. And not even a very smart one and it was unbuttoned halfway down his chest. Am I old-fashioned all of a sudden in thinking that this is Quite Wrong and far too casual for a person of such large responsiblity? Or is it just that Channel 4 are far too groovy and cool to bother with such things? (I do note that C4 are donating proceeds from the phone vote to charity, so they do get some, very small, cool and groovy points. I suppose.)

A N Other irritating thing about the BB nonsense (besides the nonsense itself - will it be cancelled soon? Please? We BEG YOU!) is the Daily Mail's front page yesterday. It ran something like:

"Great events are happening but the Houses of Parliament choose to debate Big Brother."

*ring ring* *ring ring*

"Hi. Yeah, is this kettle? Pot here. You're black."

Check out the Daily Mail's website for today.

And, yes, I know inveighing against the Daily Mail is a waste of perfectly good bile, but COME ON!

...

These may be the funniest Tshirts ever. I want the Pirate one!

(I did see one which may be offensive. Of course, saying that will probably encourage you to look.)

...

And, for those of you hate, loathe and wish to destroy all abbreviation as used on the 'net - I've found a fight back WTF for you:

OMGWTFBBQ

Got to love Urban Dictionary.

...



Tree with sheep!

...

Have a good one,

C


3 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

You may be suitably horrified Chris to learn that yours is the first unavoidable reference to that twaddle which I've stumbled across since getting back into the country. The joys of having a TiVo and highly selective news filters I suppose.

As for the polo shirt, are you kidding? It's 2007, why on earth should a chief exec not make a public appearance in a polo shirt? especially if he or she is chief exec of a (generally) forward thinking media firm.

So my answer would be yes, you're being old-fashioned. Not that there's anything wrong with being old fashioned but I fear that perhaps the vile influences of the Daily Mail might have crept in somewhat given your little 'Outraged of Edinburgh' bit. Tis a poisonous rag, you really should avoid it.

;)

5:06 pm  
Blogger Chris said...

I would like it noted for the record that I do not read the Daily Mail - I spotted the headline at work.

And I don't care if I'm being old fashioned. I'm not saying chap should have been wearing a shirt and tie, but a bit of effort wouldn't go amiss...

5:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't say it was old fashioned - just a consequence of being over 30.

7:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home