Thursday, November 02, 2006

Karma...

...because dragons are just way cooler.

...

Good morning / afternoon /evening, my little chickens. How are we all today? The sun is shining here in Edinburgh - although it'd freeze yer nadgers off it's so parky. Thankfully, I had the foresigh to buy a few cashmere scarfs whilst I was in Florence. And I'm fairly attached to a good cafe latte in the morning now, too, so warmth not a big issue. *smug*. (They were dead cheap, too!)

...

Off to Manchester today, this trip is all about the convenience. I'm sure Manchester's a lovely city to visit - nightlife and shopping and such - but when your visit is almost entirely taken up with answering questions on the order of, "If I'm an overseas doctor, and the new visa rules mean I can't get a training post, how do I get a training post?" then you really start to get a handle on that cocoon-creation thing you hear about in the Accidental Tourist. (The film's dull as shit, by the way. My Dad loved it - wanted to watch it again and again. Nightmare.)

Anyway, yes, the one highlight of the next couple days is dinner with Belinda - one of the very few women in the world for whom I spend time getting ready to meet (which may have contributed to this trip's over-packing) - the rest of the time is spent on the train or bus, or in the exhibition hall, answering questions such as that detailed above. Happily, the exhibition is on at the Gmex, which is five minutes walk from my hotel, which, in turn, is five minutes walk from the nearest train station. Shiny.

...

More Firrenze photos, by popular (well, somebody did ask) demand:










There were many cool knockers.
























Each gallery room had an attendant to stop people taking photos of the artwork. As you can see, these attendants were not very effective.













Aaaaand, you were going to get Michelangelo's tomb, but Blogger is being pissy about photographs, as per bloody usual.

....

Have a good one,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home