Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Birthday well and truly over

Well, I must face the fact that birthday celebrations are now well and truly over. *grins*. Still, I think just about two weeks of continual gift getting, time with friends, trips abroad, shopping for lovely things, etc and so on, will just about do it. I suppose. So, on with the mundanities.

...

Which aren't so very terribly mundane, really. We're definitely on the countdown to new job - two weeks on Friday I finish here. Hence the shortened blethers for today - still got a lot to do. Off down to Manchester on Thursday night. Can't really be assed with doing a careers fair, especially since my lovely compatriots from Royal College of Surgeons won't be there, but I do get to have dinner with Belinda, which I'm very much looking forward to.

Actually, the careers fair'll be grand, I generally enjoy them and there's local staff coming along so chance of some banter. It's the train journey back on Sat night that's going to suck beyond the telling of it. Three changes between 6 and 10.30pm on a Sat night. The last time I travelled back from Manchester I spent two and a half hours standing up outside the toilet. Fucking Virgin trains. If ever a Virgin wanted shafting, it's that one...

...

Have a good one,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home