Monday, July 23, 2007

Pleasant, pleasant

A nice weekend. Did stuff.


...



Did animation. Which I'm figuring out how to upload. Steve explained it to me, but I didn't have my brain with me.



...

Theatre was good on Friday. I loved it. Thought it was a technical tour de force - and not just the revolving sofa which never once moved but managed to be in a different position every couple of minutes. The lighting was brilliant. I can't imagine that the set design of what was basically a white box had nothing to do with how the actors' shadows played on the back of the set. The whole play was about shifts in power, status and specifics and the actors' shadows really contributed to that. There were none too few instances in which the characters (only ever two on stage at once) would circle the stage which created twins and multiples of their actions and presence on the back walls.

Most clever. Fish and chips beforehand at Monster Mash was pretty good too and bravo bravo bravo to the Traverse programmes which, for original work, include the entire play text.

...

Did clean. Lovely clear surfaces (those that aren't arrayed with modelling materials and tools).

Did golf. Went and hit some balls with Steve and SteveO which was pleasant. King's Acre driving range very nice place to spend a part of Sunday evening.

Did walk. Steve and I went for a wander along the front of the Crags after golfing.

Did read. Clearing decks in preparation for Mr. Potter.

Did indulge myself. Not telling.

...

Nihil obstat,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home