Monday, July 09, 2007

Untitled for some reason. Blogger won't let me access the dialog box. Blargh it is.

...

OK, there are people who are entirely without homes, and starving children in Africa, but bugger all that philosophy pish - WHY must I move AGAIN? Getting steadily more and more despondent, unmotivated and generally p*ssed off about the whole thing. We will return to this topic.

...

Weekend was nice, though. :)

Liz and I had a play date on Saturday, going out to take photos in Musselburgh and Portobello. Not the most thrilling places in the world, but nice snaps of boats and harbour and such. We also did go to the Fruitmarket and Stills galleries when we got back to town. All very pleasant. Photos aren't up on Flickr yet, as internet connection still AWOL.

You'll also have to wait for the Quite Stunning (if I do say so myself) landscape shots I got from on top of the world on Sunday. (That's on Arthur's Seat, btw). Whilst out with Liz I promised God if he could make Sunday a pleasant one, I would drag my lazy ass up the hill. Turned out nice, so I made a lunch, grabbed the Beast and my book and toddled up. Most pleasant. A bit windy off and on, but I found several nice little shielded spots. Even caught a nap in the sunshine and woke to find a Red Admiral making itself comfortable on my shirt-front. Obviously, my sloooooow efforts at carefullycarefully picking up camera to get a shot of said flutterby were not slooooow or careful enough and it nicked off. I did catch a bird or two - ones I have no idea what they are. Must show my Dad.

I also saw a couple get engaged, which was lovely. I'd just finished lunch and was heading from the leeward side toward the top and came across a young man on his knees.

Happy coincidence at the best of times, but this one was in front of a young lady. I hung back a bit, not wanting to get in the way of their moment. She said 'yes' obviously, and I offered my congratulations as I walked past them. Very sweet. :)

And, of course, I had just packed away the camera for the walk round the hill (me being a sensible boy) which was deeply annoying. Neither of them spotted me lurking out of their way so I could have taken some snaps of their moment of joy.

...

So. Flats. *degenerates into swearing*

Small rays of sunshine today - a couple of pads available in areas I'm after. One in Tollcross and one in Grove Street. The one in Tollcross will probably go today, though. Called the agency and they've got a lot of folk going to view it this afternoon. Any other feckin' day and I could be on of them, but no - I'm up at King's Buildings today. The one in Grove Street is a studio, but it's fairly cheap - £50 a month less than currently paying. That's a private let, as well, so although it's furnished he/she might be willing to strip it out and let me put my furniture in. Wait and see.

Of course, the other, somewhat crazy idea is to scrap the whole renting thing, move in with my parents while I sort out a mortage and buy somewhere. Hells, my sister has managed it so it can't be that hard. I'd save fortunes stopping with my parents for a bit, too, so would have cash for surveys and suchlike without too much sweat. Plus, they're the most uber-keen on me mortgaging myself for life, so...

Still - that would be round about the fourth time I've had to flee back to the parental nest. Which I can't help feeling is just a bit lame. Just a bit, though. :)

...

Stick in,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home