Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Hens are hard

They are, you know. They keep turning into roosters, for a start. Plan is, you see, to make a hen for each of the ladies (and me!) on Alexis' hen night. Which will be nice. Only hens are difficult.

I must say, though. I'm liking the evolveds. Check out SUP-erbiiiiiiiird! (and Clyde).



...

Steve was round last night and managed to kick me into a productive gear. We both sat happily modelling and I knocked together another squashies animation. I think I'm starting to get a sense of story from them. What they're for, how they're going to act, that kind of thing.

I was at an Audio Visual careers day earlier in the year and one thing I came away with was that everyone; writer, director, technician, whatever - everyone talked about story. Presentation is just that, after all. If you haven't got a decent story, then it doesn't matter how impressive your tech is, it'll remain impressive tech rather than a communicative medium. That's making a lot of sense to me at the moment. Make the models and take their photos, yes, but when I want them to move, they're going to have to have purpose. Character. And the squashies are on their way to that, so - Yay!

...

This chap does some amazing portraiture.

...

Nihil obstat,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home