Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I might go mental

If I don't get to write something soon. My head's twitchy to get things down. And my fingers are itchy for plasticine.


It's of a piece with 'the more I do, the more I do.' I want to write, I want to model, but I really don't have the time. Not unless I want to skive off work and quietly scribble something. When one works with Word, words looks like work. But - and this is what we're up against at the moment - if I am taking illicit time out (not that I can - far too busy with projects and suchlike) then it should be spent going over lines. (pdfs look like work, too.)


It doesn't help that those people I write with, for and to are charging forth and producing marvellous pieces. I've even had to dump the website updating on my writing partner. Not that I've had time to put together instructions for her. And, no, you're not getting the link. Vain enough to say that if you like the kind of thing we put up there, you quite probably already know it. ;)

Aaaand, I think I might actually have a book to do. Or at least a collection of short stories. I've got one complete chapter and two works in progress which are dancing around the back of my head demanding attention. Which I haven't got time to give them.

Ach - over dramatic, really. Once play's in bag I have a whole week off work with no plans in it. Let's reflect after my week off and see if I achieved or spent the whole time playing computer games, eh?

...

Right - one thing that doesn't look like work is the blog, so you'll have to be content with a bit of whining today. (And, obviously, this counts as writing and I am ever grateful to those of you who listen to my wittering!)

...

Stick in,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home