Thursday, June 07, 2007

Proactivity

I happen to rock at it. It seems.

Been to see a flat. Too small, unfortunately. Livingroom Kitchen, my ar*e. Kitchen with a sofa chucked in. He was amenable to getting rid of his furniture and letting me put mine in, though.

I've also been in touch with a couple of banks and talked about mortgages. It seems they're willing to loan me x amounts of pounds, for x much a month. With a stakeholder application (basically a housing association type thing pays one third or one quarter of the property price) I could reasonably speaking get a decent flat in a decent area. There's one on the ESPC's website which could even be a goer. But it takes a few months to organise the stakeholder part, so that's just being taken as encouraging just now.

I'm still mighty impressed with how calm I'm being about the whole thing, and I don't think it's all inside waiting to blow up. But hey - this is not the first time I'll have moved.

...




These fellas aren't contemplating a jump. They're part of an art installation in London. Iron men peeking round chimneys and such. It's a bit disconcerting when you first spot them, especially at a distance. You do think for a wee second that it might be someone about to...




...

Rehearsal went well last night - I did learn my monlogue, I did. Getting together with Andy on Saturday and Sunday for a couple hours each time. Should get the rest of it down then.

...

I have been abandoned, btw. Average readers has dropped to just thirteen! I was flying high at twenty-six for a while. (so many, I know! )

I dunno, you take off for three lousy days and everyone buggers off. :)

...

Stick in,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home