Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Woe, woe and thrice woe

I think I must have gotten far too smug about the 'only four minutes walk to work' thing. Got home at lunchtime (natch) to find a Notice to Quit Property amongst my post. God knows why - I can only assume the owner is selling it. And that Karma hates me.

Godsdamn it but I have the worst, the very WORST luck with renting property.

Given that I found this out an hour ago, though, I’m fairly pleased with my attitude. Called Alexis and had a quick whine, but I’ve been on citylets.co.uk having a look and finally gotten round to downloading the pdfs on stakeholder mortgages. Yes, mortgages. Proper sodding fed up at being at the mercy of other people’s plans. I’m still very keen on the houseboat idea, too, but there doesn’t seem to be much in the way of moorings in and around Edinburgh.

A new build seems like an attractive proposition. There’s quite a few nice looking ones dotted around town and that way it’s got a price tag rather than a competition for bidding.

Further bulletins as events warrant.


...


...
Happy thoughts?

Well, London was still great and I’m chuffed with the photies I took. Rehearsals are really kicking in for the next two weeks (considering dress rehearsal is two weeks yesterday – eeeek!) but they’re going well. S’going to be good. Hope all in Edinburgh can come along (hint, hint). Come on – I’m bereft of flat here. Geez an audience. J

Damn. Downward turn on that thought. Day to leave is 7th August and I’m supposed to be doing a performance on 11th August at the Theatre Workshop. Do-able, yes. Advisable? No. Not with the stress and strain of moving four days before. Will have to see.

OK, happy thoughts, back to happy thoughts. Hmmm. Other than ongoing happinesses in creativity, that’s about it for the cheerfulgrinning. Note to self – get laid soon. That’ll put a smile on yer face.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've just seen a lovely spot of wall that looks favourite for banging my head against.
...
Stick in,
C

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you

Not good news about your flat, but like you said you could become a home owner, and have the hassle of interest rate increases to deal with!!

Di

11:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home