Friday, April 27, 2007

Bzzzzzzz

Hair gone. Hair all gone. Well, not quite. I only got it done to a '4' blade, but that's pretty short. Get the urge every now and again to just have it shaved down so I can forget about it. And it does a person good not to hide behind floppy hair. Get your face out in the world.

(Gods help the world.)

...



...


Loving the Freecycle at the moment. Tons of email in a day, but Gmail very nicely herds it all into one folder so my Inbox isn't a mess of "Taken" "Offered" and "Reoffered". So far I've managed to option on 27 back copies of Digital Photographer. Going to go pick them up on Sunday.


I've also sent in a 'Yes, please!' to someone who's offering a studio flash and diffusers. He got them off freecycle and has upgraded so is spreading the love, as it were, by offering them out again. Everyone cross their fingers. Although gods know where I'm going to put them if I do get them! I'm supposed to be getting rid of stuff from the cupboard in the hall, not getting more to put in. Speaking of which, if any one needs a front-opening freezer, they're welcome. Fed up running it for two ice trays and a pizza and I need the space! (Going to freecycle it soon, but I thought I'd let y'all know first.)


...


Also loving StumbleUpon. It's kind of a reference card collection for the internet, with sections on the Arts, Science, Humour, etc and so on. It is Very Good. You should try it. There is an option to download a toolbar which will make connections with the stuff you surf and the stuff they have referenced - it'll also tell you what the 'Buzz' sites of the day are. You don't HAVE to download that, though. You can just browse the site, linked above.


I have found this animation, this picture and this article. Just as a wee sample of what I've been browsing through over lunch. OK, yes, and while I should have been working.


...



...

This weekend was supposed to be a quiet one. Never works out that way. Breakfast on Sunday, then going out to Currie to pick up those magazines. That is an 'achievement' in furtherance of projects though, so that's OK.

Sat I was to have entirely to myself, but then Mum asked if I could help do Gran's garden. How does one say no to that, exactly? I've blagged a lift to B&Q afterward - blackboard paint and chipboard (ish-type-stuff). Yey!

Tonight...not sure. There'll be some Friday Gang, I am sure, but I'm thinking I might stop in. Or go for a walk. It's payday so traditionally it's party night with booze and merriment, but I'm not wholly in the mood. All quiet on Friday Front, anyhoo, so wait and see. I do not fancy garden work in hot sun whilst hungover, either.

...

My old boss sent me an email this week, asking for comment on a publication they're putting together.

Flattered. :)

...

Stick in,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home