Monday, April 23, 2007

Many Things

No photos today as I'm writing this somewhat illicitly while I cover Reception's lunchbreak. Normally wouldn't try as constant interruptions usually, but it's very quiet today.

...

Pleasant weekend.

Ballet was good. Didn't much like the first of the four pieces but the other three more than made up for it. All thanks to Martin for taking me along. :)

...

Awesome par-tays were likewise cool. Offer of photograph birthday present, as mentioned on Friday, was very well received. So we've decided that's cool, definitely, and not cheap. Other noteworthy event for parties was hopefully finding a third team member for the Rat Race in July. Now I just have to get fit for it, but there's an entry fee and there is no greater spur onwards than having spent money on something. I also managed to sell a painting for a mate. I think. Not entirely confirmed yet, but I reckon it's on.

Just short of three months to get into good enough shape to run for three hours. It's running around town, though - finally all of my shortcut knowledge will be of competitive use. Longer term plans to do the full day next year. Kayaking, abseiling, climbing, running, biking. At £89 the entry fee for the full weekend is Not Cheap, but there are social events - big parties in Princes Street Gardens - which are included in that price, plus all the equipment you'll need for the various activities.

...

Grand plans to turn the Big Cupboard in my hall into a wee animation studio. I'm halfway through my first script - concept's good, and I'm pretty sure it's going to be silent, or no dialogue rather, so it's mostly a matter of deciding on different shots. I'm taking plasticine around to James and Alexis house tonight so that, after they've cooked me dinner, we can have modelling fun. See how I'm integrating social time to creative time?

I'm still making heads. And still squishing them (sigh) - none of them seem good enough, especially now I can *see* the characters in my head, but I'm almost happy with eyes and eyebrows. I try not to think about the awful stat that I read. (New model required for every three frames. 28 frames per second. No wonder there's such a long time between Wallace and Grommits.) Still, the tools are proving useful.

I'm also keeping myself interested by making animals so that I get that feeling of completion. You wouldn't believe the stupid grin I get on my face when I've turned two chunks of different coloured plasticine into an orang-utan or similar.

...

Not much in the way of photographs at the weekend. I did have camera with me on a couple of walks, but I gave myself permission to experience rather than record. Plus, I have about three folders full to sort. West elevations of power station incoming.

What? I don't care if you think it's ugly. I like it and it's my blog, so there. ;-b

Using Flickr uploader just now, rather than the individual upload, so the new ones that are up aren't as big as they could be. Still, I think they're pretty cool. Cropped and zoomed from the boat trip on Forth. Not that any one should be going there at the moment.

Undecided about going for a Pro Flickr account. It's cheap enough - £25 for a year, or something - but I'm not sure if money couldn't be better spent elsewhere this month. Sums required. And lists. Maybe even a timeline.

*laughter*

...

Stick in,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home