Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Wasn't that lovely

Cop some of that:



Bliss to be up on top of the city yesterday. I took a sudden afternoon off. Big reorganise of second site information centre yesterday morning, but we got that all squared away by lunch and, it being such a lovely day, I decided to take the afternoon off. All of a sudden.



With desk cover and break cover and all that jazz, it's not usually so easy to take on-a-whim time off, but we were shut yesterday and it's not like anything I do is so terribly time contingent.


Far better to go perch on top of Arthur's Seat.

...



Pure Victory!


Ma Reflection Is Perfection.


...



...


It's been a grand time for photos. Walk up to SteveO's on Sunday evening - many pictures of trees. Arthur's Seat, obviously, and a wander down to the power station with my Mum last night. I love that building. Not quite done it justice yet, but I'm hopeful.


And I hate bird. Bloody things can't stay still. I reckon I get about one decent shot out of every twenty five attempts. Usually worth it, though.
...




...

Lots more photos on my flickr stream. I'm using their uploader which is far quicker, but leaves stuff at wrong angle so forgive the ones what are sideways. I'll get round to rotating them soon.

...

Aaaand, what else is news?

Friday night was usual jollity with usual crew. Brilliant meal - a few folk cooked and the result was a groaning board. Some game-age, too, and then Liz and I walked up past the Castle to get to our respective homes. She did remember her camera to take bunny pics. I did not. Grrrr.

...

If you're an Arctic Monkeys fan then tune into XFM Scotland tonight at 8pm (105.7 in the East, 106.1 in the West). Or online. They're going to play the entirety of the new album, with commentary from the band in between. I've heard three tracks so far and am personally excited.

...

I actually managed a fair bit of 'me' time this weekend, even though I had plenty on. The flat is looking and feeling great, most especially in this weather when it's bathed in sunlight from morning till night. It's faced in such a perfect way to catch the light whilst still having areas where you can see a screen.

The cat is on a vacation day today out at my folks' house. It seems the flat agent never actually turned up at the last scheduled inspection - not that any one informed me of this. So this inspection is happening today and, what with the 'no pets' clause, Patsy has been banished out to Port Seton for the day.

...

Modelling. Need to actually *do* some. Far too high-flying ideas and not enough execution at the moment. It's very me.

"Oooh - I could do that." "That's a great idea." "That'd be fun."

Yes. This is all true. And...uh...actually doing any of it? Going to happen?

So - goal by Sunday is to have created a new model. Not sure which one yet, but I have managed to get together a source material file - photos of different things I want to make up and so on, so I'm at least that far down the creative path.

...

Stick in,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home