Thursday, April 19, 2007

Six of one...

Dentist later today = bad!
Half day off in order to go to dentist today = so-so
Opportunity to take photos of West Elevation of Cockenzie Power Station = good!
...





...

I love that building.

I know it's a 'bad' thing, per se, what with being a coal-burning electricity generator, but...it's Way Cool. If you like industrial structures, that is. That particular one dominates the skyline from Port Seton (that's where I'm from, if you didn't know. No. NOT Prestonpans.) You can see it from the shore, the school, my folks' place - pretty much everywhere. It also has the need to let off steam occasionally so there is / was some auditory stimuli there, too. I remember playing in the grounds of Cockenzie House when I was a kid (my mate's folks owned it. Amazing place to play for kids.) There was a particular hedge-structure we had to run and hide underneath whenever the station went off.
One can go and hit golf balls from underneath the coal flyover and the gas tank going up and down was something to watch and note. And long to climb to the top of.

On top of that, my Mum told me when we were out for a walk round it that her cousin, John McLaughlin made and emplaced all the setting moulds for the very top of the chimneys. This is Very High.

...

Berwick Law. And the Earl of Wemyss house in front.
...
Plasti-scene.com is taken. Poop. I had grand plans for that. Still do have the grand plans, obviously, but the website name was so godsbedamned applicable.
Any one any thoughts?
...
Missed rehearsal last night. Developed a thumping headache late in the afternoon to the point where I had to neck some painkillers and go to bed when I got home. Slept straight through until half nine, got up long enough to chuck some food together and then back to bed. Slept straight through until alarm went off this morning. Clearly a Sleepy Boy.
...
No new music in a while. I want Mark Ronson's new album, 'Versions'. It's covers and they are good. Good, I tells ya! The Lilly Allen vocal of Oh My God by the Kaiser Chiefs is f*cking WICKED!
...
It is so very, very true.
...
Stick in,
C
p.s. Sorry about cramped format today. It's blogger's fault. Really.

1 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

hope the dentist was gentle.

I know what you mean about landscapes dominated by industrial structures - the villages north of Doncaster (where I grew up) are all lorded over on the skyline by Thorpe Marsh's giant cooling towers, even now the plant's been decomissioned - I gather they couldn't safely dismantle them without harming the nearby bird reserve... Anyway I can appreciate the coolness there.

will have a think and see if I can come up with a suitable domain name

6:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home