Monday, March 05, 2007

Lost Time

I have more than made up for it. I had been dissatisfied with my level of photograph taking but a Friday night of *not* going out and getting lashed, and then falling into bed at some godforsaken hour, resulted in a fun-packed and productive weekend.



...


Which isn't to say that Friday was not fun. Liz and I had one of those merry happenstance moments. Vicky Wine had no cold coke so we went to Tesco and spotted some cheap plasticine for sale (quite random for Tesco Metro). Recalling the very large amounts of fun we all had modelling with pipe cleaners at a previous social we bought a packet each and trotted them along to Anita's pancake do. (Scrummy pancakes).




Ring of Fire!



What? It is clearly Jodie Foster jumping through a ring of fire on a jetski.



I got so excited about the plasticine that I bought three more packets on the way home. Alexis thought I was a bit mental when I announced she should bring her camera along to my place as we'd be playing with plasticine. Given the amount of shrieked giggles she produced once we got started, though, I think it was a hit idea.





...


Big walks on Saturday. The aforementioned lack of pished on Friday night meant I was up and about early - mostly 'up' as I was on top of Salisbury Crags taking photos by about 9.30. Most of them were a bit crap. I must have taken about a hundred and I like ten. But let's hear it for digital cameras - no waste in taking lots and lots and only being happy with a few. It was mostly the zoomed in shots of various buildings that I wasn't happy with. I think it's the lack or colour variegation in certain parts of the Old Town, even with the sun being so shiny at the time.

That said, the disappointment of the majority of the Crags shots was a further spur to get out the door and down into town to take some I'd had planned for a while. Following the theme of the day, the ones that I had planned were a bit non, but others that I took on the spur of 'oh - that'll look good' turned out very well. And I picked up a wee tabletop tripod for use with the 'studio' at home. You know - those few bits of white card.

Berwick Law as seen from the Crags

...

Went down to Mum and Dad's for Sunday lunch, which was pleasant. Pot roasted beef and then caught Logan's Run on some channel or other. Absolute classic, that one.

Sunday night was spent flicking around Stop Animation sites and then taking some photos of pretty flowers. Sue sneaked her birthday in without telling me, so they were a bit last minute present.

...

Finally draggin my ass along to the X-Ray place today to have hips (internally) photographed. I had trouble with pains in my hip and down the back of one leg. I personally think it's sciatica, but hope it's not. Doc has sent me for X-rays to see if I'm misaligned in any way. Yes, all jokes with regard to me being 'a bit bent' on a postcard to the usual address.

...

Stick in,

C

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you're really good at that, with the plasticine!

12:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home