Monday, March 26, 2007

Early Doors

I'm on reception today, hence skiving off and early blogging. Extra tricky to get on with any decent piece of work with the interruptions. I don't say 'constant' interruptions as it's verrrrrry quiet. Too feckin' quiet, really. I had a much different impression of this place at the interview day and from the interview. "How do you deal with extreme busy-ness?" and such-like.

There is no extreme busy-ness. None. Nor has there been. I think their idea of busy and my idea of busy are somewhat at odds. I know some would think I'm crazy to complain about being able to coast along, but I find myself very de-motivated by such quietude. One wonders if what I'm doing is really all that worthwhile.

I did bitch about all the pressure in my last post, but at least I was always certain I was achieving something with my day.

...

On the flip side (I like balance - I'm a Libra) the fact that my current job isn't as demanding as the old one, whilst still having a reasonable(ish) level of stimulation, does leave me with a bit more 'oomph' when I get home at night and at weekends.

Sidebar: Apple Sours are EVIL! We know this because I dodged out of that particular round on Friday night and on Saturday I felt absolutely fine, having consumed my usual amount of pre-bar wine and at-bar Jack Daniels. See - control your variables for a strong conclusion.

So, with the additional 'oomph' and the missing 'urgh', things got done at the weekend.

Took photos (can't show you - see previous whines re: internet connection), went to the National Gallery. Nasmyth exhibit is worth a look. Lots of very impressive pencil drawings and a bit of history attached. Got some modelling done, too.

Oh - and played Civ 4. What? That is an achievement. I took over the feckin' world, for gods' sakes.
...
Small Jen has her very own blog.
...

God, that's good. Pardon the pun.
...

Have a look at dumpr.net - it has shiny photo toys. Like making circles:


...
Stick in,
C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home