Thursday, March 08, 2007

Back to work

Just in time for my day on the info desk. Which is DEAD yet again. I've not had a single enquiry all morning. :(
But, I have charged ahead with writing a 'Where do I start?' publication on Events Management. It'll take weeks and weeks (once I've finished the initial draft) to go up-the-chain and down-the-chain and be redrafted and rejigged and then up-the-chain and down-the-chain again, so the quicker I get the initial done the better. Then - forget about it until it reappears. Best way to work with the lengthy decision making process, I find.
Still feeling a bit fuzzy in the head, but I'm going to visit Gran tonight and then get fed at Mum and Dad's. Sure a nice meal will rid last of bug from my system. Plus, Miss Patsy the Cat had to go board at Mum and Dad's last night as I have flat inspection today and I'm not allowed pets. Bringing her back this evening so I'll get a lift in. No waiting at WindyCold train station.

...

...

As predicted, I made it along to the ballet last night and Thank F*ck I did! It was amazing!

I was excited about the fencing / dancing medley which, to be honest, could have been a little less stylized and a little more brawl, but it was still excellent. And funny! I went to see the Northern Ballet Theatre years ago (many, actually - it was for my 19th birthday) when they were very recently founded. The production was Dracula and it was jaw dropping in places, but you got the feeling that they hadn't quite got BalletTheatre yet. It was still Ballet. Theatre. As in 'now we dance' - 'now we act'. The Three Musketeers last night was far superior and they've clearly got a handle on melding the two mediums.

They have humour, drama; they communicate the story and the dancing is jaw-droppingly good. I was excited by the story as it's one of my favourites and I anticipated a lot of pas-de-deux on the back of it. I was not disappointed. There were quite a few, most notably between Queen Anne and the Duke of Buckingham and between D'Artagnan and Constance, the Queen's dressmaker.

The dance between Anne and Buckingham was astonishing - she literally looked like she was flying and he seemed to be putting forth no effort whatsoever in supporting her. They were so well synchronised it seemed like one, continuous movement.

D'Artagnan and Constance's first was their best, I think - all leading up to their first kiss which was possibly the most romantic I've seen in quite some time. My Mum certainly thought so - she was little bit teary-eyed after it.

...

...

I made a few heads last night. They have been squished, as they were just practices but I'm finding myself paying a great deal of attention to people's faces today. Going to go check out Greyfriar's Arts at lunchtime - see if they've got some cheap modelling tools. Found some on the internet for a fiver, but if I can get for same price today...

...

Stick in,

C

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will miss you tonight -- it's our own fault for not making explicit plans earlier in the week. And I suppose you do have to go see your family from time to time.

Nice photies, as always. I particularly like the second one. When I saw the first one, I had trouble shaking the thought that you'd made it out of plasticine.

11:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home