Monday, December 18, 2006

Chilly

I'll tell you what, it's bloody cold - inside and out. Work is shut for this week. We're all still here, but the doors are locked to the Little Student People which means I can be getting on with proper big bits of work without having to interrupt myself to go sit on the information desk or cover reception. Which is a good thing as I have turned my attention to the Medicine folders. An incredible amount of change has gone on in the past couple of years in medical education in the UK and all eleven folders need some serious updating. Yeek!

...

Weekend was of the pleasant - parties and such, although I am a tired bunny today. James and Alexis, attentive pals that they are, noticed that the Hogfather was on Sky One last night and, television luddite that I am having only the 'cooncil' telly, they invited me round to watch.

I was tensed for a disappointment, as Mr P doesn't always translate well onto stage or screen, him being such a literary writer, but it's Bloody Good. Excellent casting, which I think has really made the difference. The sets and costumes are all good and the effects have just the right edge of mundane magic to them. Looking forward to Part 2 tonight!

...

It wouldn't surprise me.

...

Simplicity in technology.

...

The writing is not happening at the moment. Not for any lack of inspiration, sinfest notwithstanding, but because I'm having a wee break. I'm still very new in the job and all that, so instead of thinking, 'not getting anything done, woe is my artistic self', I'm thinking 'not getting anything done - how godsbedamned restful'. I plan to pick things back up in the new year, but I am sooooo looking foward to my Christmas holiday. Finish on Friday (hopefully around about 2pm - I'm told we usually get a wee email saying, 'you can go home now') and not back to the office until the 8th.

It has been a very good year, but a very busy and long one. This man intends to kick back and relax.

...

Dancin' feet.

...

Have a good one,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home