Friday, July 27, 2007

Freelance, baby!

Woop! Got me a new freelance project. I just *love* being paid £25 an hour! And this one will be an Absolute Piece of Piss. Writing the occupational profile for General Practitioner. A career on which I didn't write the book, but I did write the website.



...



Other excitements. There's this thing on Flickr where you can mark other people as 'contacts' so that newly uploaded photos from them show up on your home page. I've got a few now, but mostly on the back of them 'contacting' me after I've 'contacted' them. Yesterday, however, not one, not two, but three people marked me as a contact without me nudging them in any way.



Appreciation - how maaarvelous. And they are, all three, pretty good photographers themselves. Flattered.



...



I'd like to get some HDR practise in this weekend (which probably means it's going to piss rain). Steve gave me a kick to use the RAW function on my camera, which I hadn't bothered with previously. Looks good. Certainly the most adjustable format. Takes up a heinous amount of space on card, though! I do like the fact, however, that you can't see what you've taken until you open it in Photoshop or whatever.



That's true of digital a lot of the time. Although you've got that instant check on your screen (and mine happens to be the biggest) there are plenty that look crap in small but awesome when viewed properly and vice versa. RAW's an anticipatory upswing on that.



...





...

On writing.

...

Nihil obstat,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home