Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Back to Work

Boo! Hiss!


Ach, well, mustn't grumble. Got a nice job. I may even have been whistling while at it earlier. :)


Quick comparison on returning to work day for this job, and last.


This job - 42 emails, dealt with in half an hour.
Last job - MANY emails, dealt with in - well, probably never did get around to all of them.


This job - no questions / comments / urgent actions waiting for me.
Last job - MANY questions...


...well, you get the general idea. Seriously - I keep looking around, waiting for the boss to come in and shower me with work and suchlike. So far - not so much.


...


Fun with photoshop.

Go check out my Flickr photostream for a few more. And lots more to come. I have about sixty-odd 'runs' to put together in like format. Shame more of them didn't land jumps like fella above.

...

If only it could work. I don't think 'Christopher Walken' is a valid output test, though.

...

We need content warnings, it seems. The link is to a BBC article on a statement made by 'web pioneer' Tim O'Reilly. I'm all for it, actually. As you know, I do sometimes degenerate into swears but I put the significant asterisks in. Not quite sure why. Although I do curse day to day, I am loath to write them down. (It's that permanence thing again.) Plus, I reckon one should reserve swears for when one really needs them.

...

I have signed myself up for a Lulu account. It's a self-publishing site. Watch this space for calendars and such like.

...

Stick in,

C

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neat-o skateboard shot. That's more important than you may realise, as it documents what may be the first time in history a little Scottish 'boarder ever landed a jump. (Have you ever watched them outside McEwan Hall? They're just awful. I don't know why I care, but there's something annoying about people doing such a posery thing so badly.)

11:48 am  
Blogger Chris said...

That was taken at Bristo Square, just outside McEwan Hall. Some of them are good, some of them bad, but shame on you, Hames - they're trying. Which is all any of us can do, after all...

I do think some of them take their 'indie' image a bit too far in their own heads. Yes, you're very independent. That's why you joined a tribe and all wear the same kind of clothes.

12:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home