Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Social camouflage

Wee fellas look good in kilts. Now, that may be something inherent in the design - we were historically a nation of short-arses. Still are in places. Wherever I'm standing for a start. Great big blokes look good in a kilt, too, obviously - you can't help but look good in a kilt. But a wee fella - with a jaunty walk and a well-turned calf, not unlike the one I walked along Lauriston Place behind t'other night - looks especially good.

I was wearing joggers. Funny thing that. Now, I look good in a kilt, because I'm a wee fella, as we've covered above. What surprises me, then, is that I seem to become most intimidating by sticking on a pair of the classis Adidas 3-stripe. You see, the wee fella with the well-turned calf happened to glance back as I was walking up behind him, and I noticed, as I often do when I've changed into a chav, as 'twere, that he looked slightly wary.

To be perfectly honest, it's quite fun. Social camouflage. I've never been intimidating before but people (people what are bigger than me!) actually get out of my way. All that from some tracky bottoms and a hoody. I only wear them because they're comfy.

...

Have a good one,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home