Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A hunting we will go...

I ran the Management School's scavenger hunt last night, as per usual for this time of year. I used to work there, on Reception and ran a few events for them while I was employed. The scavenger hunt, or Question Quest, as we call it these days, was popular enough with the incoming students that the school invite me back to run it for them every year. It's a nice little earner - and cheque usually appears just in time for my birthday. It's always a laugh - and thankfully the rain stayed off for the most part. Not that I have to go out and run the course on the evening - I did that on Sunday to set it all up. Once that's done, all I have to do to earn my £20 an hour (woohoo!) is turn up, explain the rules, send them out the door and mark their game sheets when they get back. Not to mention drinking the school's wine.

I also enjoy the evening as it gives me a small sense of droit de seigneur - getting first crack at the new intake of MBA students (my interest having nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that some of them will end up rich - they have to be pretty too!) A more refined version of Fuck-a-Fresher week, let's say. ;-) There were a couple of very handsome chaps, unfortunately I didn't get anywhere. Ah, well. There's always next year...

...

Every captain of every sci-fi series EVER - take note of the sound advice.

Have a good one,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home