Friday, September 15, 2006

Blogging from Belfast

Hidey Ho

Away on a trip at the moment - in Belfast, as the title says. Spending today with colleagues in our offices over here and tomorrow at a careers fair - flying the flag for General Practice. Not seen much of the city yet, bar the road between the airport and the offices. Enjoying my day with my Northern Irish colleagues. Happily, there's only one flight from Belfast to Edinburgh on a Saturday, which I can't make as I'll still be at the fair which means I get my overnight stay paid for tomorrow night. Get a day in Belfast on Sunday to wander round, take some photies. I'm told there's a gourmet fair on in the Botanic Gardens so I might have a look round there.

Never been in Ireland before - revelling in the accents, although I didn't hear any until I got in the taxi. Roundly addressed as 'boy' at the end of every sentence! The flight over was lovely - although HORRENDOUSLY early. I had to get up at five. Urgh. Bit of a panic when I just missed the quarter to six airport bus. Made it to check in with an entire minute to spare.

Quite tired now, but work stuff is winding down. Might bugger off to hotel and catch a nap before I look for something to fill the evening with. Disappointingly, the friend I was supposed to spend tomorrow evening with has been suddenly sent to Paris (get him) so I'll be at a bit of a loose end then, too. Rather expect I'll be a tired bunny by then, as careers fairs can be quite intense. Might just catch an early night and be up bright and early on Sunday, make the most of the day. And, yes, I was going to say the flight was lovely - never flown over that particular part of Scotland before and it was breathtaking. Folds of hills in perfect green.

Have a good one,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home