Monday, September 25, 2006

The Big Bad "I said NO!"

I hate 'No'. I really, really, really hate it.

Call me an excessively psyched-out introspective, far too alive to the semantics of regular conversation if you will, but I just can't bear sentences that begin that way. To illustrate:

"I'm going to do it this way."

"No, you should do it that way."

What the HELL do you mean, no? Is your opinion more valid than mine? Have you the authority to so flatly contradict me? I don't think you do. You see, what would be far nicer, in my opinion is:

"I'm going to do it this way."

"I wouldn't do it like that. I'd do it like this."

OR

"I think..."

"I reckon..."

"I would..."

See, all of these are valid - everyone is allowed an opinion, but please, DEAR GOD, don't flatly contradict mine. And definitely don't do it in such a casual form that you clearly don't realise what you're actually doing.

Unless my opinion is something like, 'I think I can jump off this roof without being hurt' - then you can shout 'no'. That's fine.

...

I was round at James and Alexis' pad last night - which is looking lovely from all kinds of interior decoration - and was having a nice time, chatting away. Until I left. To make sure and catch a television programme.

This is just so against my entire ethos. But it was the season finale of Lost which I have dedicatedly watched the entire series of. Quite a feat for me as I never usually manage to be in at the same time every week or pay any attention to missed episodes. I don't know whether I've suddenly because sad - stopping in of an evening to watch telly. Not good enough - I clearly need more to do. Actually, I clearly need to apply myself to that which I already have to do.

Lost was good, though. I enjoyed. There is little in the way of sense, however, I have to say.

...

I've put a hit counter on bottom of the page - and amazingly it has found something to count. Thanks for stopping by!

...

Have a good one,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home