Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Week the second

Of training. Still going well, still very much enthusiastic.

Today was bluddygood. Shadowed in the morning and my 'buddy' was very complimentary. Add to that I think I actually achieved a few things. They were having 'Jobarama'. Basically getting a whole load of folk in to apply for jobs. The advisors print off a big stack of jobs for a whole load of industries and the clients look through and bash phones / whatever for application. It was good to support them in that. Felt like I was achieving something.

Not that the training isn't an achievement in and of itself. I am a tired bunny today. This afternoon was caseload management, which I was very happy to see. We're going to have very large caseloads once we're up to full capacity - about eighty clients each at any given time. Which is a lot compared to the current programmes, but it should be most do-able.

...

Fed up with eating out. I know that's an absurd thing to say, and there are starving people in the world, but after eating out night after night you kind of long for beans on toast in front of the telly. Not in plush apartments this week, either, so there's no option for stopping in.

Still, tattie skins and then fish and chips is a good meal. :)

...

Been quite lame as to photos, unsurprisingly. I was going to bring the big camera down with me, but I would have had to put it in my hold luggage and I cringe at the thought of my precious baby being chucked around. And, to be honest, of an evening if we're not out for a meal I'm all for hiding out in room rather than pounding the canals looking for photo opportunities.

...

The flat. Called homestake and they're all good and groovy, we know the mortgage is OK, but my solicitor tells me that she's having bother getting the title deeds out of the seller's solicitor. Which is a wee bit concerning, but I'm not going to wreck my head about it. I'm sure it'll sort, and I know I've got everything in place I need to. Worst case scenario the move-in date gets pushed back a wee bit. I think.

Nobody contradict me!

...

Nihil obstat,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home