Thursday, August 23, 2007

Missing music

Dad isn't really a music kind of guy. When we were kids, he'd come in from work, turn whatever music my brother or sister were listening to (at the time, I was usually reading), turn on the TV, and then (and this is the insulting part) bugger off upstairs for half an hour.

I miss the radio. First thing I put on in my own house, in the morning, when I get in from work, when I'm doing dishes, whatever. Just now I'm catching the odd tune when I'm in my bedroom. Moving around would be fine, except the second hands-free kit (kindly donated by Patrick) has broken. In exactly the same fashion. Left earphone stopped working, then right, now it's bust. Bloody Sony.

I'm being tight - getting an upgrade in November, so I'm not buying another set, just to break. (I do take after my father in some ways - *laughter*).

I am missing the music, though - probably driving my colleagues mad with a confusion of unconscious humming, whistling and singing. And the songs that are coming out - "Three Little Maids from School"? This is not cool. Good, but Not Cool.

...

Off to see Mr. Jamie of the Anderson tonight - finally! I have been seriously lame friend, as he's been doing the stand-up and comedy malarkey for about four years now and this is the first show I'll have been to see. Looking forward to it, though - it's had some great reviews, and he's always been a funny fella.

...

I am Very Happy today. Can't tell you why. It's that 'nothing I wouldn't want employer, mother or possible lover to read'.

Which doesn't narrow it down much, I realise, but VERY HAPPY!

...

Nihil obstat - MOFO!

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home