Monday, August 13, 2007

Early Doors

...for blogging. But I am tired. Should have taken today off, but I've got very little annual leave left for the year. Will have to get on with some work, I suppose...

...

Performances went well and I actually enjoyed doing them, so all those rehearsals (since January!) were not in vain. Hamish and Justin and Ellie all came along. Biggest gold start goes to Ellie. (Sorry, chaps, but she did come all the way from Ireland). And a fellow Flickrite came along on Saturday and took some pics, so now the Luvvies have a complete set - all three plays - and I've got a couple of pics of me that I'm quite pleased with, amazingly. Check me bein' all pensive, an' that. :) Have to say, though, the ones of Andy are brilliant.



The rest are here, if'n you're interested:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jondavey/

...

So, that's done. Woop. And here comes a week of as little as possible. Work - home - sleep will be the order of the days. Ish. There are still a couple of boxes to unpack, modelling materials and such like to sort out. This will be nice, however. Bumbling around in my bedroom. Is always fun. Like Calvin once said, "I can't wait until I'm old enough to 'putter around'."

...

I think next proper priority for the old creative urges is 'The Book'. Not that I'm giving it that much pressure. I'm still plugging away at chapters two and three. When I write, I tend to let the characters do it. Writing is pretty much an exercise in shutting the voices in my head the Hell up. :)

Now that the play is out of the way, I can tag specific evenings for the writing.

...

Shiny


Said to myself, at the time, "Stop. Stop. Stop and take more. No, really."

But didn't. This was taken with Little Blue, so I'm planning on going back up with the Beast. Hope he's still sitting in same place!

...

And my blistering email of complaint to Rydens has borne fruit. Very sorry that I got such a response. Money will be sent by electronic transfer just as soon as I fax them a copy of my last electricity bill. There was enough bowing and scraping, so I suppose I forgive them.

...

Nihil obstat,

C

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say, to you and for the public record, that you were very good in the show yesterday. Your presence as a character onstage was utterly charismatic, and your New York accent was completely natural, a given within moments of your first line.

Well done, my friend!

10:07 pm  
Blogger Chris said...

Goodness. You'll make me blush. :)

8:02 am  
Blogger pooks said...

I'm seconding Hamish - I forgot it was you on stage within minutes and nearly fell of my seat when 'you' spoke at the end.

You were utterly at home and owned that stage and Chris G it will be such a waste of talent if you don't step on those boards again some time soon.

Now, who was it I left Ireland to see? Was it you or the delectable Mr Cumming?

Els

9:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home