Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Woe, woe and thrice woe

Nightmare.

Our intrepid hero was taking over the world, grand stylee, courtesy of Civilisation 4. Seriously, my culture rate was through the roof - I was taking over entire cities without having to send a single unit into battle. Trust me - in RPG terms?..this is, as we say, Way Cool. Unfortunately, the map was getting on the straining side of busy as far as my RAM was concerned. And I thought I had a decent amount of RAM, you know.

And the laptop hung. And hung. And hung.

So, I did what any red-blooded male would do. I hit Ctrl-Alt-Del.


Nothing happens. So I hit it again. And nothing happened. So I forced it to turn off and got black screen restart black screen restart black screen. Thought 'fuck' and had to use recovery disc.

Up shot it, I've lost a Lot of photos. The coos are, thankfully, on Flickr, but I lost all but three of my Florence photos.

Like I said - Nightmare.

...

That said, I have now learned how to use no fewer than five of the twenty-one buttons on my camera (not including the jog dials or focus wheels), so - on the whole - I'm still fairly cheerful.

...

Learn this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/

It's the standard entry for wikipedia followed by whatever word or collection of words you want to look up. I just tried it for some stretching terms and it seems to be working. Let me know if you find any that don't, do. And, no, you don't need the http://

...

Have a good one,

C

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe, before you learn too many more buttons on the camera, you should concentrate a little bit on learning how to back-up and burn to disc. Just a thought.

10:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, and would this count as an ideal excuse to revisit Firenze so you can take more photos? You Numpty!

2:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home