Monday, November 20, 2006

Hugs that Stay

Hugs that stay are nice. Everyone knows (or everyone should know) how hugs work. You clasp, squeeze for a bit and then relax a little - body language for 'we can be done now'. The ones that stay are the ones where the other person squeezes again - 'not finished yet'. Got a couple of them on Friday when I left the old work.

Trying for kisses can be tricky, though.

...

New job's good. First day today. I'm a little daunted by the amount of subjects my name is against for updating and generally being the go-to guy for, but I get nearly three entire days to cover that part of work. To be frank, after the many demands on my time at old job, new one looks like a piece of piss. That won't be true, but I'm going to enjoy thinking it for a while.

Being generally inducted at the moment. Tours and talks. Today was grand. Enough to be engaging and to the point where I felt like I was doing something rather than going over the 'first days' treadmill, but not so much that I was harassed or felt like my brain was clogged.

...

Living on stolen internet. There's an unsecured wireless network somewhere in range of my flat. Hurrah. Thank you 'linksys' whomever you may be. Long may it last.

...

My new camera is up and running, thanks to Hamish. I reckoned that the 'you must charge battery for umpteen hours before use' meant it was provided dead, but no, no it does not. Poor man, though - I blinded him about three times with the super crazy flash after he provided this gem of information. Now I need to figure out what all the many buttons do. Woop!

...

Update schedule for the bliggity-blog is evenings now, for those of you who want to know. No can update in the lunch hour any more. Not got a log in for work yet as my contract's been delayed and Edinburgh Uni is all very coherently processed these days. Not one thing without the other, so I don't know what the Uni blocks are on the internet and blogger tends to be one of them. And I'm quite intent on actually taking my lunch hour at the new job. The Meadows is right there, so healthy constitutionals, I feel.

...

Have a good one,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home