Wednesday, November 29, 2006

How Embarassing!

OK, so there's an upside, but still - a bit flushed.

Just chatting with NewBoss Ruth and we were chatting, unsurprisingly for careers type folk, about CVs. Mentioned the differences between American and UK style, I said that I used a bit of an amalgam. Americans tend towards a wee snippet paragraph at the top of theirs. You know the sort of thing:

"I am the best ever at everything. I can lead, work in a team and on my own all at the same time. I am an able communicator with highly developed IT skills..." and so on and so forth, ad nauseum.

Tempering that slightly, I go for bullet points, like this:

  • Experienced project manager
  • Highly IT literate
  • Able communicator

No less than three, no more than five. Point being, I referenced my CV in the discussion with NewBoss, "...you might remember from my CV."

"Well, actually, no, you see you didn't actually include your CV in your application, even though we asked for one."

Ack! Pth! You are Fucking Kidding Me! WOT A MONKEY!

The flip-side, of course, is that I got invited for interview, even though I didn't follow the instructions on the form. Must have been a good application form, eh?

*smugly embarassed* (or *embarassedly smug* - one of the two)

...

If only it were possible. Mind you, it is a bit bass-ackwards.

...

Feeds. I must figure out how feeds work, but there are many words and instructions and things. You know (well, some of you do) the whole RSS thang - word of the day and such malarkeys. I wish to provide you all with a word of the day. For your edification. Am I not generous?

...

I just had a realisation. You know how I lost my photos?

I also lost the Pibgorn strips I have been faithfully collecting since the first one. It's on comics.com so they only have a monthful at any one time. Ms BcEldowney (I assume female - chap woudn't have an E on the end of 'Brooke') has been doing a webcomic of "A Midsummer Night's Dream." Very good.

And I have lost them all. Damn. Damn. Damn.

...

I'm being a bit lame with emailing at the moment, so sorry if I owe you one and continuing the personal mentions for those I feel most guilty about not contacting:

*waves to Alice*

...

Have a good one,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home