Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thursday already?!

Damn, this has been a quick week so far.

...

Going to the ballet tonight. I loooove the ballet. And not just for the shockingly fit men with their incredibly pert backsides in nice, tight...tights. No, there are Legitimate Reasons. I studied theatre, as some of you may know. That half-a-degree at QMUC. Now, when I was a small person (note I do not say short person - this is still true) I loved the theatre. It was like magic. I remember, one Christmas, Mum and Dad taking me to see Shinda the Magic Ape at the Lyceum. I was about twelve and my 'I'm too cool for this' was at war with 'This is way cool' when it came to shouting out and encouraing the good guys. Needless to say, 'I'm too cool for this' lost. I could always claim irony later.

Point being, that theatre was entirely transporting. Off in another world, mouth hanging open. Thing is, once you start studying an art, it loses something of its mystique. I still enjoy the theatre, but I notice the mistakes. My brain clicks through on, "Well, I would have lighted that differently," or, "Damn, you guys really aren't comfortable with your props are you."

Which is why I love the ballet. Don't know one damn thing about it, so I can enjoy it without fear of understanding it. Which, sometimes, is a whole load better.

...

I got my first comment yesterday - thank you, Patrick - y'all should feel free, you know. There's a button at the bottom of each post. Not that you must, if you don't want to. (But it would be cool).

You know, something like, "Of course, you're so right, you incredibly perceptive person you!"

Or, you know, "You are such a muppet. How can you say such a thing. Honestly, the stupidity of some people!"

Either one is fine, but obviously there's a preference. *grins*
...

Got some photos of small niece yesterday. Lookit!


...

Have a good one,

C

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh....very cute, a little beauty - must take after her mother's side of the family HE HE

11:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home