Thursday, November 01, 2007

Moments of excitement

We're getting there. Definitely getting there. I was round at the sister's house last night (dinner by future bro-in-law) and they had neither of them seen particulars, online or otherwise, so I had to describe and that got me quiet enthused. It's a funny thing. I should really be kicking my height with glee, but it's all a bit grown-up and serious for that.

I am excited, though. Definitely. Why, only this morning I was looking at wall-mountable storage solutions from Ikea. And yesterday I saw a really nice laquer box in John Lewis which I thought would look lovely on a coffee table. What with having extra space above kitchen for a study I'm rather hoping to keep the living room quite minimal.

All together now: "Surface, darling, I must have surfaces!"

...

That meal by Cameron. Good. Gods.

We started with hand-dived King Scallops on a bed of balsamic dressed rocket, topped with a pancetta strip. Followed by an entree (bugger the accents) of filet mignon with roasted vegetables (to die for!). Dessert of cream slice pastry thing which was likewise gorgeous. White with started, a nice chianti with the main course.

It was such a lovely meal. Hand-dived those scallops were. A fella (or lady, who knows) jumped out a boat, swam down and picked them. No trawling for these little fishies. So good.

...

Sculpture, Prestonpans

...

A very busy weekend ahead. Friday gang on Friday (s'been ages!), pics of Gregor and Caroline Saturday morning, then a 40th birthday on Saturday night. Then Oddbins winetasting fair on Sunday, followed by meal out.

It's going to be a shocking 'spensive weekend is what it's going to be. Fun, though. :)

...

Nihil obstat,

C

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon this quote, and wanted to share it:

"The unconscious obsession that we photographers have is that wherever we go we want to find the theme that we carry inside ourselves."

—Graciela Iturbide

Now I want to look through all your photos to discover your theme!

10:16 am  
Blogger Chris said...

Oooh. I like that. I'm not quite sure what my theme is, though.

Curves, maybe? There's very few photos of mine that don't have a circle or a curve in.

10:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home