Monday, October 22, 2007

Happy birthday to me...

For it is, indeed, my birthday. Thirty-one, eh?

Ach, you all know my philosophy on birthdays. If you've done a year's stuff, it's OK to be a year older. And boy have I!

Since last year's fun and frolics, I've travelled a bit, written a bit, moved forward great strides with my photography, adopted a new hobby in the modelling of things, and I'm in the throes of buying a flat (I hope). Still not got one of those boyfriend things, but I'm continually working on that. Boy, is it hard work. *grins*. Actually, it sometimes can be. But no-one ever promised 'easy'. That I'm aware of, anyway. If I was, I could sue them, you know.

I've had nice presents - books, for the most part, which makes for happy Chrises. I've got "Photoshop CS2 for Photographers", a Manga encyclopedia type thing from Taschen and 'Ghost in the Shell' - the original manga upon which the film was based. Plus, my bro and my dad chipped in on a hand-carved olive wood chess set that I was drooling over en Provence. It's very pretty.

Hung out with James, Alexis and Steve last night, which was nice. Food and Wii and bubbly drinks. Dinner with folks tonight. The big drinks do is on Saturday, but I'm mostly staying true to my pledge not to chase people this year. I have many dozens of friends (I really do!) and it's not all that important that they aaaall come to one event. To be honest, it's usually a thumping headache getting them all in one place.

So long as I don't have to drink black sambucca with tabasco sauce in this year, I'll be happy. Bloody Steve-O.

...

Fish fountain

Not had any comments on my flickr photos for days and long. I could be miffed, I really could.

...

Aaaand - I got a new job. Put notice in on Friday, so I'm all right for saying. Very chuffed. Going to be a careers adviser and be paid lots of money! Although, obviously, I'm doing it solely for the chance to do good in the world. ;)

...

Favourites - my favourites on flickr. I counted, and no matter what some weasels might have said, less than 20% of them are of hot men. Barely a fifth.

...

I'm working today. Not usual for my birthday, I normally take it as annual leave, but I've had so much time off that I thought not to bother. It does mean I'm missing out on my usual bought lunch, but I'll survive. For another three hours. I did come in all enthusiastic for filing, but enthusiasm does seem to have fallen off.

...

Big thing just now - decided how much I'm putting in as a bid on Buchanan Street. I really don't want to lose out, but then again, there's only one other note of interest in six weeks. Only takes that one person, though. Eesh. Much thinking to do.

...

Nihil obstat,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home