Thursday, October 11, 2007

We're ba-aack!

Yeek! It has been ever so long since I blethered.

...

Photos - still to upload for the most part, but here's a nice one from Provence.

Mountain Pass, Provence

France trip was just lovely. Great food, gorgeous scenery, lovely villages. The villa itself was amazing. Heated pool, tiled floors throughout, the lot. Weather was nice, at least mid 20s every day, so lots of swimming. Plus - how good is a diving board which, if you look right, gives you a view of the French Alps, and if you look behind you gives you a view of the Med? Niiiice, eh?Food was so very, very lovely. Not had lunch yet so not going to detail, but trust me - mouthwatering.

I have photographic evidence of most of these things but, like I say, yet to upload.

Best thing of all, obviously, was spending lots of time with the small niece, Eve. She's 20 months at the moment, and a very chatty wee thing she is too. Regrettably she's been taught to think of me as 'Crips' - thank you, Mum, for resurrecting my nickname from when I was Eve's age. Thankfully Paula (sister-in-law) has a bit more respect for what people prefer themselves and taught the small one "Chi-st-fer."

We stopped for un petit boisson (wee drink!) at one point and small one was trying to get away from our table. As we were next to a road, I picked her up. She stroked my beard and said, "Oh! Soft!"

Heart. Melted.

...

Big big day on Tuesday which went well, but could have gone better. Waiting and seeing now.

...

Theatre of the Oppressed went well last night. Some brave and bold folk in the workshops. It's not like improv or character work, Boal. Can really strip you quite bare, dependent on how you work it. I made sure and let the attendees lead themselves as to what subjects they wanted to cover, but no-one shrank away from the harder stuff. I was well impressed.

...

Flats. Urgh. A tad disheartened on the property search today. There are a couple to go and see, but I don't think they're really within my price band. Time to try, though. Just missed the Nicolson Street studio, so we'll have a go at a couple of one bedroom and see how I get on. If I'm totally out the park as far as price goes, then I might need to do a rethink.

There is a fixed price in Morningside, but it's quite steep (£115) for a tiny wee flat.

...

Nihil obstat,

C

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh, let me speak for everyone when I say about your trip: we all hate you (in a 'we love you' kind of way).

It's just jealousy. It'll pass now that we have you back in our clutches.

12:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home