Monday, May 21, 2007

Hush

It's very quiet at work today. Quiet of people, really, as I have the radio on. On the Roses.
...
Bit of excitement last night. Saw Cars and Pan's Labyrinth. Both good - latter better in effect and lighting than plot. Predictable.
The excitment came on my return to my hoose, in whose stairwell I found merry-loads of smoke. Still stinks. Happily, it was just a great big bin on fire in the basement. I didn't realise those doors on each second level were chutes to a bin. I figured it was something of the like, but never bothered to investigate. Shan't be going near it now, either, as it reeks of burnt rubber and rubbish.
On the upside, the fire bridade had to be called. And a few of them were hot! (This isn't usual - I've mostly found firemen to not, in fact, be the buff, ripped and half-clothed versions you see in pictures).
Also, they had handy labels. "Incident Coordinator" - "Access Coordinator" - he had a great big clipboard thing.
I would have preferred: "Gay." "Single." "Phenomenally turned on by wee geeky lookin' fellas." (And, yes, Patrick, if I ever do see a big brawny fireman with such a label, I'll call you and we can fight. Or perhaps share, if he's big enough.)
I did get some pics of man on ladder, but they're not uploaded yet. Haven't even looked at them as it was late by the time they cleared out and I got to go to bed.
...




Me and my ever-more-beautiful niece. :) I shan't force the rest on you. They're here, for now. Well. Maybe one more.

Hung out with the family on Sat, which was nice. Lunch at International Starters and then a wee bitty retail therapy at Ocean Terminal. Even went round the Chinese supermarket with m'Da.

...

We may have a book, you know. A story hit me the other day, and spilled out onto the page. There are now a further two chapters in my head. We are officially excited.
...
Stick in,
C

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh,Bless. What a sweetie.

And that's your niece, btw, not you.

4:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home