Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Poor, unfortunate murdered cartoon men

...

Carthage Must Be Destroyed was most marvellously good. The first act was set in an actual steam bath from which you could feel the heat. I approve when a more intimate space is used properly. Sensation is one of the things that live theatre will always beat cinema at. Narring marvellous virtual technologies but they don't count. They're not cinema. They're marvellous virtual technologies.

Last night, one could feel the heat off the bath, see and smell the steam. There was some brilliant sound tech done too, which made the occasional shout ring as it would in a porcelain / stone built environment.

And, to be completely fair, the young man with the good complection helped a bit. That said, though, I think I would have gone off with the older fella. I'll get a chance to make an informed judgement, though. I think it was good enough to go see it again. Mum was supposed to come, but couldn't make it, so might reschedule and go again.
Hamish took the spare ticket and, it seems, enjoyed it.
...

...

Deffo off to London at the end of the month - had I mentioned? All set for staying over with poor, unfortunate souls. Going out to get drunk and admire boys, some culture vulturing, a walk or two with my camera. Should be wicked good. :)
...
Stick in,
C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home