Thursday, September 07, 2006

Plus ça change


Howdy!

All change! Hamish suggested using Blogger instead of yon other one I was using. Seems to be a better interface - you're damn sure it's quicker, anyway. Of course, I have a faint suspicion that Hamish had an ulterior motive in asking me to shift, as the RSS (I didn't know what that meant either) on the other blog site I was using only lets him download the titles rather than the full text onto his Digi-brain (good phrase - thank you, Patrick).

This also means I've got a few posts under today's date - can't figure out how to change date stamp yet. I might figure it out, though - you never know.

So, the results of The Big Bad Read are in and I can't help but be a little bit disappointed that Lord Voldemort came out top. Now, it's hardly surprising, given Harry Potter's popularity - and just to be clear, I've read the lot an enjoyed them, I'm not having a go at JK.

It's just that I sodding *agonised* over who to vote for. I took a week and many long conversations with various friends over who, in fact, was the greatest literary villain, knowing all the while that Voldermort would win because Mme Rowling is just so bloody popular. I do think it's well cool that a couple of graphic novel villains got into the list, though, but I wonder at Zaphod Beeblebrox being on there. I'm just not sure he's a villain. Dastardly, perhaps.
Oh - I voted for the Wicked Witch of the West, if you're wondering.

...

I was reading last night (surprise) and it put me in mind of this Sinfest comic, which I then went looking for. On the hunt for it, though, I ran across something like another ten that I really wanted to share, so I thought I'd just give the site link - go check them out. From the beginning. Really. You might lose a couple of days of productivity, but what the Hell, eh?

Have a good one,

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home