Sunday, January 08, 2012

Thought I'd catch myself up

It's long since been new year's day and all that, but f*ck me, but 2011 was a busy one. I did all sorts. Some of it was in previous posts (gloating), like the award for 39 Steps and the sheer joy of doing the play itself. Also did some, if not a great deal, of photography. Miss Liz (my wife) and I have coined a new term, awesome fatigue. As in we look at some of the photos we create, and go 'well, it's all right. I suppose.' I totally have to give here the 'we' these days'. Which is to say she has a more or less equal hand in creating the photo, not that I provide her with liquid excreta.

I will take a big old chunk of the credit for most of the execution, but in terms of quality ideas, sly motivational techniques and wings she's right up there. That, amongst a great many other endearing and impressive qualities, got her to the front row. I mean, check it:

Stairway

...

OU is going well. Apart from having been sick on day of my Child Development exam and now having to resit the fecker. Bah. Incoming seriously heavy year of study. Cognitive Psychology amongst other things. I look forward to it and actually is part of the reason for the blog post. Bit of a brain dump and starting afresh with the power routine. Went very well last year, up until September which was a total crash and burn but that was due to waaaay too much on the plate and downing from doing the play in August. I have learned from that experience. I'm not sure what, exactly, but I definitely learned. *sigh* Probably to not do a play in August, but I really really want to. We'll have to see how things go. If I also want a First (which I do - with a fiery passion) then I need to get a distinction in Cog Psych. But I'll have done several TMAs (tutor marked assignments) by the time I'd be auditioning for anyting Fringe-ified so I should have a decent idea of how I'm going. Level 3 module is Cog Psych so a bit of a cut above what I've been doing so far.

...

Work. Yeah. Um...let's move right along, shall we?

...

Still a complete lack of husband. Honestly. Where are all the eligible, handsome, witty, intelligent well-dressed (GAY!) men? Eh? Is it so much to ask?

...

So this year is:

Three OU modules (and a resit).
The usual Men's Health 10K in October.
Half marathon (you heard me) in May.
A play (maybeprobablyhopesomightnot)

And that'll probably do, to be honest. One thing I definitely will be (WILL. BE.) doing this year is not too much. Only so many hours in the day and fuel in the tank, eh?

...

Semper superne nitens (bitches),

C :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home